Saturday 29 October 2011

Poems From My Heart

I am not sure how these poems will be taken. I wrote them without much editing. But they should cover a lot of what I am feeling. They can be taken however you want to take them, but they go so far as to address some of the thoughts in my head. They may be no good, but at least I gave it a go. There might be more ways of telling these feelings than the ways I have done in these poems, but at the moment they are all I can create without getting massive headaches (as poetry always gives me) and pains of emotions running throughout my body. I hope you like them anyway...

Golden Forrest

The trees on this path have lost their leaves,
I see them lying, strewn across the floor,
Their edges withered, their colour gone,
The saddest picture I ever saw.

Once this path lit up with joy,
Trees glistened with golden hue,
Flowers burst with scents of heaven,
And it always welcomed you.

Now it fights for life,
Left all battered and bruised,
Something bad has happened,
But it never fights to lose.

You can see it’s hurt,
Its heart is blue and black,
But inside it’s full of colour,
Vibrant and true.

I hope it can recover,
There is so much more to see
I want to reach the end and share its wonders with you.


My Wrongs

My stomach keeps churning,
And my mind is a blur.
There are lessons I am learning,
All because of what I did to her.

I made some big mistakes,
And took a lot for granted.
My love was never faked,
Although it might look slanted.

My heart is wholly yours,
And in that there is no lie.
We should have been secure,
And now the end looks nigh.

I miss you more each day,
And all I have is regrets.
For forgiveness I do prey,
But my wrongs I shall never forget.

I want to be who I should have,
And make your heart stop hurting.
To rejoin our two halves,
And our love, the reasserting.

No comments:

Post a Comment