Thursday 1 March 2012

My eventful day

As you may tell from the title of this post that my day today might have been really eventful. However, when I say eventful I really mean that there was one big incident that made this day stand out a mile from the rest of the week.
To set the scene; I was in Morrisons car park collecting my nephew from his school bus. (Something I do near enough every week.) It was a sunny day. A day not befitting of the February just passed. Myself and my mother waited for Joseph, in the glare of the luke-warm march sun. As we say there she complained, as always, about the state of my interior and how my girlfriend should clean out all her rubbish from the door.
A gruelling 5 minutes late, he turns up. The bus over shooting its regular 3.47 time slot.
He bundles himself into the back of my car and we proceed to exit the car park. Nothing strange yet.
As I draw nearer the petrol station, I notice that there is a bigger queue than normal so might have to wait a little bit to get out. That is no problem with me. Nothing I can do about that. But this is where things start to get interesting.
The guy at the end of the petrol queue starts to reverse and in the process wave at me manically and gesture at me to move back. (a quick look in my rear-view mirror later, and I can't). I stay steadfast in my position and wait for the guy in front to see sense.
Oh how wrong am I. He then steps frantically out of his car and shouts quite angrily to "bloody move back! Reverse!" Well, that was never going to get a good response.
Now, happy to wind the fool up, I just sit and wait. Looking to see what his next move will be. He tries to reverse as close to me as possible. By this point a space had opened for him to move further in. So I, rather patronisingly, waved him forward. Smiling as I did so.
He didn't like that. No he didn't.
None-the-less, forward Mr. Grumpy went. He left me just enough room to get through.
As we was taking his time I thought if spice things up and give him a nice long parp on my horn. You know, for good measure.
He didn't like that either.
I stooped by his driver side door and myself and my mother gave him a torrent of abuse. He tried to fend his own but he just couldn't. He was clearly too angry and too upset that he couldn't get his way.
I then put my foot slowly down on the accelerator and went on my way back home.
This little confrontation just made my week. As I have nothing to do but wait for a successful job application, it's things like this that make my days worth it.
My mother also enjoyed the experience. Well, kind of. I think it just gave her another thing to moan about to people she speaks too. But it was quite funny.
And my 14 year old nephew, I think it is safe to say found the entire thing rather hilarious. Even if he did look a bit shell-shocked at the time.
So in a nut shell that is my big talking point for the week.
Oh and also I saw another trailer for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 with Jonah Hill in it, that made me laugh. They've taken their fictional online players that step further. Just pure genius. I suggest you find it and have a good look. It's just brilliant.
Thanks for reading and I will keep you a little more updated with my future talking points.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment